Monday, November 19, 2012

Shop Spotlight: The Hunted Few

As a Canadian, a jewelry lover, and an avid online shopper, I can't tell you how irksome is it to decide to spend the money on a special piece of jewelry, and have the shipping, taxes, and duty equal the price of the bauble in question.  Countless times I've gotten to the check-out portion of the purchase, only to see a whopping shipping price added on or a sad disclaimer that the shop doesn't ship to my region.  Imagine my excitement when I stumbled across The Hunted Few - a shop that caters to finding hard to reach products for Canadians, without the astronomical international shipping.

Meet The Hunted Few Owner, Lauren Stope.

Tell us about The Hunted Few and the idea behind your shop.

The Hunted Few came about as a way to share my loves with others. Everything in the shop is something I have previously purchased for myself and wanted to make available to the Canadian market. Each and every item available in the shop is something I stand behind and hope everyone will enjoy as much I have!

What made you want to start the Hunted Few?

I am a huge online shopper. As many Canadian shoppers know it can be frustrating trying to track down products locally. So often designers charge an arm and a leg for shipping or elect to not ship up here at all. I clearly remember finding a tiny piece of jewelry I wanted but the store was asking for $45 shipping and in that moment I thought to myself – there must be a better way!


What are you looking for when considering to have a product in your shop?

First and foremost I need to be able to stand behind the designer or company. I really value relationships and believe that knowing the makers behind the lines is of the utmost importance. The item needs to be really high quality but at good price. And for all of the apothecary items they need to meet my health standards in terms of organics and natural formulations where possible.

Can you tell us about some future jewelry lines you're planing on or hoping to carry in the near future?

We have a new jewelry line arriving this week that I am really excited about! Young Frankk is an amazing independent line from designer Christine Young and perfectly fits the hunted few's roster of  beautiful, hand made, quality goods. I think our customers will love Young Frankk – lots of gorgeous textured pieces in rich colours for fall like bronze and copper. I can't wait for everyone to see the collection!

What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs or hopeful shop owners?

Be brave and make your move. The hardest part is taking that first step but once you do you'll find yourself wondering what took you so long!

Thanks, Lauren!

3 comments:

Olga Zgonnik said...

really great pieces!

want to follow each other? :)

www.anightinnyc.blogspot.com

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

oooh I love that Kate Spade scarf!

Nicole said...

I'm loving those cuff bracelets! And what a great idea for an online shop. When shipping prices are astronomical, I tend to freak out a bit. Thanks for sharing this interview with us!

 
Pin It button on image hover