Monday, October 1, 2012

Do or Don't? Lace Jewelry

Where do you stand on lace inspired jewelry? I recently came across Monika Knutsson's The Gilded Lace Collection, where she dips vintage lace into 24 karat gold and silver.  The result is a look that's decidedly fanciful and delicate. I love lace, I even wore it on my wedding day. But what do you think about taking lace from apparel to jewelry?
All of the jewelry above is from The Gilded Lace Collection and with descriptions like, "small cuff bracelet from American Raschel Lace used in the 1950′s for fashionable lace blouses"and "French embroidered Calais lace used in the 1930′s for fancy lingerie" it's enough to make me weak in the knees.

But what about you? Would you wear a "fine pendant necklace from from French Puy-en-Velay bobbin lace used in the 1920’s for corset covers and petticoats" or  "fine pendant necklace with small rose pendant from American Point de Venice lace, used in the 1950s as decorative trim on dresses"?

5 comments:

WhoneedsChanel? said...

I think that lace jewelry is great idea! I have to find it! Thanks for inspiration :)

Amy said...

gorgeous, love this idea. I have been looking for wedding jewelry for awhile now, how perfect!

http://coffeebeansandbobbypins.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hmmmm, dont!;)
My preference at leat!;)

Ps. Let us know if you would like to follow each other! Xx

Jolie Jouel said...

@amy - good luck on your wedding jewelry hunt! That's the fun part of planning ;)

Gray Cat Can Fly said...

Cute! Very nice mix pictures.

 
Pin It button on image hover