Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Alphabet Soup

There is no question that people love wearing personalized things. This is especially true when it comes to representing their initials. It's like giving away a little secret, "Hey, my name starts with 'A' and I love it. But that's all I'll tell you."

Then came the "baby initial trend" adding fuel to the initial's fire. Made popular by chic celebrity Moms like Nicole Richie and Katie Holmes who proudly donned their kid's initials after they were born, it is now quite common to wear your child's initial on a pendant. Jessica Simpson even wore an "M" pendant before baby Maxwell was born, giving a big hint about her baby's name and making baby stalkers drool. Celebrity Moms tend to favor Jennifer Meyer's Diamond Letter necklaces. Confession: I can totally see myself doing this when the time comes :)

And now, thanks to bloggers like Blair Eadie, monogrammed jewelry is totally in vogue. While traditionally reserved for fancy towels and robes, monograms have shaken off their stuffy vibe for one that is now decidedly cool.

My favorite alphabet jewelry below:
1. BaubleBar Acrylic Script Monogram 2. BaubleBar Custom Charm ring 3. Max & Chloe Large Monogram Necklace 4. Max & Chloe Signet ring 5. Catbird Alphabet earrings 6. Catbird Brass Alphabet Necklace/Bracelet 7. Jennifer Meyer Gold + Diamond Pendant necklace 8. Max & Chloe Type Writer Rings 9. Max & Chloe Dog Tag 10. Catbird Alphabet rings

What's your favorite way to wear alphabet jewelry? 

4 comments:

Dianna said...

Love This!


I'd love for you to check out my blog!


Www.AdventuesInHerStilettos.com

Unknown said...

love the Max & Chloe dog tag!

http://www.freeteyme.com

Molly and Mac said...

Im still craving a monogram necklace!!!

Molly and MacKenzie
www.ruffledromance.blogspot.com

V said...

I think this is a very cute trend. My "V" initial necklace easily became one of my favorite necklaces.

-V
http://stylishlyme.com/

 
Pin It button on image hover