Monday, July 16, 2012

Which Would You Rather: for $545

I can never decide if it's better to invest in pricier but more quality pieces or to get the most bang for my buck and choose quantity over quality. There are so many pieces that I would love to own that are just out of my price range. But if I saved up and stop buying cheaper pieces I would be able to buy fewer, but more expensive pieces. I am not totally sure which is better, and like most things, it probably depends on the situation. If there is an expensive piece of jewelry you're in love with and know you'll get a lot of use out of, you'll probably save up. For trendier pieces I am guessing most of you would choose cheaper options.

But let's get specific. Would you rather this Gemma Redux necklace for $545.00 or eight pieces for the same price?


Gemma Redux, Cordelia Necklace, $545
------- Or -------
J. Crew, OGJM azalea bracelet, $74
ASOS, Aztec Triangle Drop Earrings, $13.26
J. Crew, Crystal Cupcake Necklace, $138
J. Crew, Classic Link Bracelet, $102
ASOS, Multi Chain Rounded Collar Necklace, $19.88
Shashi, Neon Nugget Bracelet, $22
Frieda and Nellie, Ravishing Rodeo bracelet, $160
ASOS, Spike Stretch Bracelet, $13.26
+ a cup of coffee = $545


Let me know in the comments below which you would choose!

4 comments:

Amy Breckenridge said...

i would definitely rather the 8 pieces you chose for the same price!!

i know you love jewelry, so please enter my giveaway for a gorgeous handmade bracelet!
http://www.cupcakesncouture.com/2012/07/adjewelry-bracelet-giveaway.html

xoamy

Denise said...

I love the golden J.Crew bracelet!




Style and Recipes

xo,



D.

Kate said...

I think I would also choose the 8 pieces...they're so great!

Take me to Tarah said...

Hey there,
My favorite is the Marc jacobs flower ring. These is such a creative post. I love your design.
Great job!
Your new follower,

 
Pin It button on image hover