Friday, September 6, 2013

DIY Friday: Gold Art Deco Bracelet


Well, look who found some time to do a DIY this week! I ordered this beautiful vintage clasp on Etsy a few weeks ago and when it arrived, I couldn't wait to put it to use. I had originally wanted to use this clasp as the working clasp for the bracelet, but it's so old and delicate that I was too afraid it would break if I repeatedly opened and closed it! So I added a traditional lobster clasp and am happy with the results.


Want to make your own art deco bracelet? Follow these simple steps.

You'll need:
- gold curb chain, art deco clasp/button, 4 jump rings, one lobster clasp, flat nose pliers, and snips

Step 1:
Using your snips, cut your curb chain into two, 2 - 2.5 inch pieces. Attach art deco clasp to chain with jump rings.


Step 2:
Attach a jump ring to one end of the bracelet.

Step 3:
Attach your lobster clasp to the other end of the bracelet.

 Enjoy!


 *Also wearing Jennie Kwon Designs Onyx ring, Catbird rose gold Tom Boy FKR
and Nikki B beaded bracelet c/o Favery. *

4 comments:

Molly said...

This is gorgeous! I love that it's quite simple, with just a little bling. Thanks for the DIY!

Je M'appelle Molly

xo Molly

Paula said...

So cool - I love this.

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.nz/

Melanie said...

Totally love this! Just found your blog and love it btw..

xo
Mel
www.ipikiloveyou.com

Unknown said...

So fun! You're making me want to discover my crafty side!

Brooke du jour
www.brookedujour.com

 
Pin It button on image hover