Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What's in My Bag, Baby?

I love them, you love them, we all love them - a What's in My bag post! I am always curious as to what other stylish and practical ladies carry around with them on a day to day basis.  So I thought, why not share my necessities with you guys? I for one carry too much...as you'll soon see.  But if it weren't for the heavy books, I'd probably be doing ok...and have fewer shoulder aches. But this girl needs her books.

Without further ado, allow me to introduce you to my Coach Cambridge Zip Top Tote.  I got this tote two years after seeing Karla Deras from Karla's Closet model it here.
 Isn't she lovely?  And here is what she's filled with:

1. A pretty notebook: A necessity for any writer. You never know when you're going to get a brilliant idea.

2. Dr.Hauschka Melissa Day Cream: This cream smells divine - like lemon meringue pie. It claims to meet the needs of sensitive combination skin conditions. Rich in Lemon balm, combined with other extracts of medicinal herbs to soothe irritable, reddened skin, keep oily zones clear and matte while helping the skin to retain moisture in dry areas, the balancing Melissa Day Cream refines the skin and leaves the complexion soft and even. I believe it does.

3. Card case: My beloved Urban Outfitters card case (my wallet) has garnered me more compliments and copy cats over the year than imaginable.

4. Revlon lip care: My two favorite lippies of the moment. ColorBurst Lip Butter in Gumdrop and ColorBurst Lipstick in Plum

5. Way too many emergency bracelets.  You never know.  [Misels from Lauren Elan, a bunch of silver ones from me, and a few Purple Paparazzi stackers]

6. Roll on perfume: This isn't my everyday scent (I usually wear Miss Dior or Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb) but Pink Sugar is a roll on perfume that's sweet and powdery and perfect for throwing in your bag.

7. Benjamin Moore paint chip: We just bought a new house and are in the throws of painting and decorating. I keep this paint chip with me as I shop around for interior furniture.

8. Cell phone: Yes, I am one of the last few people on planet earth with a BlackBerry. I have the white torch and while I love some features (the key pad) I loathe others (the sub-par camera and fewer app options).

9. Current book: I am a big reader so I don't like to go off places without a book in my bag. You know, in case I get stuck in line somewhere. Or need to avoid chatting to strangers.

10. Coffee cup: I am also a big coffee drinker. I must admit, this isn't always in my bag, but if I am headed to a coffee shop to do some writing, I try to remember to bring this along.

11. Nail polishes: One of the few items in my bag I rarely use while out and about. I am not quite sure why they're in there, but I always carry at least one shade of nailpolish with me.  Loving Essie's Mob Square right now. It's the perfect bright pink for summer.

12. A scarf: Yes, even in the summer I carry a scarf with me. You never know when the air-conditioner is going to start blasting or when your outfit will need a little extra flair. Loving this lightweight white, black, and grey tie-dyed number for spring.

13. Sunglasses: I always have one or two pairs with me. Pictured here: Spy's Dallas aviators. So cool.

2 comments:

Bella said...

I love these posts, thanks for sharing! xxBella

nahal said...

i love looking inside purses! thanks for sharing!

i would love for you to check out my blog as well!

Figure of Chic

 
Pin It button on image hover