Friday, September 7, 2012

DIY Friday: Layered Chain + Bead Necklace

Today's DIY is inspired by some seriously great designers who have the knack for layering chains, beads, and other materials into one fabulous statement necklace. Assad Mounser and Juliet & Company do this well.  Evidence:
I decided to make and edgy, gunmetal, layered silver necklace to add to my jewelry arsenal.  I've been loving on gold all summer long, but something about the Fall makes me want to toughen up my look with heavier silver pieces.

You will need:
- curb chain
- thinner silver chain (x2)
- small silver beads
- larger silver beads (5)
- wire
- clasp
- jump rings
- pliers
Layout and cut your main three peices of chain to desired length.
Attach one end of the chains with a jump ring. Attach the other end with the clasp.
Now your necklace will look like this.
String up your small beads leaving loops at the end, using the same wire technique we used on our last DIY here.
 Using a jump ring, attach the small bead strand to the curb chain.
Time for the large beads! Wire wrap the beads leaving enough wire at the top to loop around the chain.
Attach the large beads to the curb chain by wrapping the wire in a loop and finishing off.
Ta-da!

5 comments:

Ali said...

Well done! I love DIY jewelry and you did a great job with this necklace :)

Ali

Wynne Prasetyo said...

amazing DIY. love this huge necklaces.





WWW.FASHIONGEEKSCLOSET.COM

Talitha Azarov said...

I am not very crafty but this one looks gorgeous and easy enough for me! Thanks for posting!!
check out some of my looks at BestTrendsForever.com!!
XOXO
Ty Az

Jinna Yang said...

This is awesome! I love DIY inspo, I might have to try this!!

xx,
Jinna

http://greaseandglamour.com/

Anonymous said...

Great DIY , beautiful necklace!

 
Pin It button on image hover