Friday, April 26, 2013

DIY Friday: Gemstone Keychain


My keychain round-up from earlier this week was a lot of fun to put together but it got me thinking about making a unique version of my own.  I had some chunky blue agate stones lying around that didn't work out for another project, so I decide to use them here! You'll also need some chunky metal chain, a keychain ring, some jump rings, a jumble of thin chain, and 20 gauge wire.

Let's get started!


Start by cutting making a loop in one end of the wire and wrap around base to finish.

Drop your stone down onto the wire and repeat the same step above (loop with wrapping) to finish.

Open a jump ring and slip it through the top loop of your stone and through one end of the chunky metal chain. Close.

Attach the key ring to the other end of the chunky chain.

Cut varying lengths of the small chain and thread them onto an open jump ring.

Attach the jump ring with fringe through the loop at the top of your gemstone.

Open another jump ring and loop the bottom ends of the small chains onto the ring and then close the ring through the loop on the bottom of your stone. 

Attach your keys and enjoy!

Let me know what you think and if you're going to try this keychain DIY! 

If crafting or time aren't on your side, I also have lots more of these for sale --> $15 :) Email me if interested! joliejouel@gmail.com

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! I've been wanting a keychain, but now I know what to do.

-Vogue&Heels
www.vogueandheels.com

Anonymous said...

This is super cute! I've been wanting a keychain, but now I know what to do.

-Vogue&Heels
www.vogueandheels.com

Fash Boulevard said...

This is a great diy. I have to try to make this. It is gorgeous.

I would love for you to stop by and enter my latest handbag giveaway!
www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

 
Pin It button on image hover