Monday, April 29, 2013

Do or Don't: Faux Multiple Piercings


When all of my friends were getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th (...) holes punched in their ears in high school I was always too timid or unsure enough to commit another wee puncture. Now when I see people rocking numerous earrings and connecting their studs with chains and fun ear cuffs, I am at times a little jealous. My lobes go bare most days, so it's probably a good thing that I only got the one piercing, but a small part of me wishes I had the option to create a fun ear-stack. Has that term been used before? Ear stack? I like it.

When I saw this floating earring by Anita Ko, I wondered if this could be the solution to my fickle ear piecing woes. I could keep the one small hole in my lobe but get the effect of multiple piercings. Genius! Now if only we could do something about that price tag...



What do you think about the floating faux pierced look? Is it a do or a don't? Have you seen any more affordable alternatives that give the same look?

4 comments:

va said...

as long as it's faux u can do it if u like the look on yourself and feel that it suits you . I use to have real piercings because it was a big trend then when Julia Robert's was sporting it . It is not worth it getting real ones unless u use the holes with earrings often so they don't close up like they did on me .

Just said...

I love that (and my GRANDMOTHER) actually gave me a similar pair a long time ago (with silver pearls instead of diamonds) but although I loved the idea, the earrings always twisted down and never lay across my ear the way they were supposed too.

*sad*

So I recently passed them to my sister.

Jolie Jouel said...

Re: Just

Ohhh I can't believe you had something like this! And vintage! Too bad about the lopsided weight issue...there has to be a solution!

Jane said...

I'm definitely not sure about this trend.. I think it's not for me !

 
Pin It button on image hover