Monday, April 8, 2013

Maternity Fashion: The Maxi Dress

Waking up and just throwing on whatever you feel inspired by is not as option when you're 8 months pregnant. I am just starting the eighth month of pregnancy (31 weeks) and while I've been doing alright with creatively dressing the bump, I am guessing I am about to have to get a lot more creative - the bigger she gets the fewer options I am left with. I am not a huge fan of maternity clothes (aside from maternity jeans and pants, which are a necessity in my eyes) so I've been trying to buy regular flowy tops and clothes that seem to stretch and expand with my belly.

The maxi dress is a perfect example of something you can buy this season from a "regular" store that will fit your pregnant belly and stretch with you as your bump grows.  This one, from Tart Collections, is not maternity, but works beautifully as a comfortable, stylish maternity dress. If you're pregnant this spring or summer, I would definitely recommend this dress.  It's stylish, comfortable, and easy to throw on in warm weather. It's a maternity fashion no brainer.

Dress: c/o Tart Collections / Wedge Sandals: Nine West / Necklace and bracelet: Made by me!

12 comments:

Emma said...

Ashleigh you look fantastic! x

Unknown said...

I too didn't like maternity clothes. I just bought the basics and wore them out. Target has much cuter maternity clothes now.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous! I love the maxi dress, it looks amazing on you!

-Vogue&Heels
vogueandheels.com

Janise said...

Love the maxi dress on you. You look gorgeous with that beautiful bump! I found you at Cupcakes and Cashmere. Please stop by my site at http://mamainheels.com/2013/04/08/giveaway-signature-henri-bracelet-seen-on-celebrities/
when you have some time. I'm giving away a signature bracelet seen on celebrities by Henri Lou.

xo,
Janise
http://MamaInHeels.com

Jolie Jouel said...

Thanks Emma!

Jolie Jouel said...

Thank you so much! It really is perfect for the bump :)

Jolie Jouel said...

Aww, thanks! I love finding easy pieces to throw on.

Unknown said...

so cute!



xoxo from rome
K.
kcomekarolina.com

Unknown said...

Ahhhhmazing sense of style!
love you good taste, so hope youll follow me back cause i stay here

www.malesclutch.blogspot.com
Sergio,

Unknown said...

love the dress!


www.pretpenser.com
www.pretpenser.com

Unknown said...

You look lovely doll, and congrats!

http://pinklovelaugh.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

yes The maxi dress is a perfect 8 months pregnant mother. Looking nice..

cheap maternity clothes

Thanks

 
Pin It button on image hover