Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Trend Spotting: Soft Elastic Hair Ties (+bracelets!)

Tired of traditional ponytail holders that break and dent your hair? These hair ties, made from a hand knotted soft and stretchy material, are just the solution! They double as bracelets, and with the endless colour and pattern possibilities, you can be sure to find one (or two!) to coordinate with your outfit. 

I've been seeing these soft hair ties popping up everywhere. I can't seem to find who made them first (Emi-Jay maybe? Let me know if you know!), as I like to give credit where credit is due...but it's likely there are so many brands and versions because they look relatively easy to make.  If you know how to tie a knot, you can go into business. Not looking to DIY? Here are some of my favorite hair ties below!

Styled photos: ManeMessage

1. Anthropologie, Multitude Hair Ties, $16
2. Nordstrom, Kitsch Hair Ties (5-Pack),
3. Nordstrom, Emi-Jay Silver Glitter Hair Ties, $6.97
6. Anthropologie, Crystalline Hair Ties, $24
7. Anthropologie, Charmed Hair Ties, $24
8. Free People, Free People Elastic Printed Hair Ties, $10.23
9. Etsy, Hair ties by The Tye, $5

2 comments:

Paula said...

I'm loving these hair ties. I would need to buy 5 packets as I start losing them as soon as I open the packet.

♥ Paula Shoe Fiend.
http://shoe-fiend.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

These are so cute, love the ones from Anthropolige, but sadly just chopped off all my hair!!!
www.FripperyVintage.com

 
Pin It button on image hover