Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Do or Don't: Plastic Jewelry


Even though the temperatures have felt Spring-like for weeks, today officially starts the start of Spring! Yay, we made it! With the change of the season upon us, I am thinking about incorporating more bright jewelry and pops of color into my daily outfits.  Most colorful, affordable jewelry is plastic or resin, which begs the question, is plastic jewelry a do or a don't?

Where do you stand? Do you think it's cheap looking and looks like something your barbie came with? Or do you think it's fun and the best way to incorporate bright jewelry into your rotation?

Let me know if you think plastic jewelry is a Do or a Don't!


Asos / Asos / Wallis / Asos / Kate Spade
Mod Cloth / Shanka / Kate Spade / Kenneth Jay Lane / Max and Chole 
Principles / Tory Burch / Banana RepublicLoft / Fair Trade

8 comments:

La Maman Heureuse said...

I think it depends on the actual piece itself whether it's a Do or a Don't. If they look amazing as your selection, it's a definite DO, but some pieces can be cheap looking and in that case I would even consider them.

Guess it also depends on your mood, your outfit, the occasion. I recently bought a raspberry pink faceted ring in plastic, so unlike anything I normally wear, but it just add the right amount of colour to some outfits, so I love it.

BmoreLoveLeigh said...

I'm a fan of plastic jewelry - especially the finds you list! There are also some amazing vintage lucite pieces out there.

Ida said...

I don't really like plastic materials. I'd much rather have some type or gold or enamel, but that's just a personal preference. Some of the items you picked out are very cute, though.

Aleksandra Bogusławska said...

I think this trend won't last too long I remember plastic jewelry from the past. But it's so colorful - great or summer :)

I love your blog - following you now!

WhatsTrendingNow said...

I am all about accessories - always looking for a unique piece - you have pictured some real cool ones

Hey would love for you to check out my new post

http://fashionblends.blogspot.com

Chelsea **A Bit of Sass** said...

It is a DO!! I think it is so much fun! I'm a new follower, hope you stop by my blog:)

xoxo

www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

Clara Turbay said...

I celebrate the good ideas i find here every time.

tessa said...

definitely do!

couturelust.com
win a marc jacobs handbag!

 
Pin It button on image hover