Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Trend Spotting: Wear like an Egyptian

Forget walking like an Egyptian and try wearing like one! Egyptian inspired jewelry has been popping up left, right, and center. I first noticed it while checking out Robin Rhodes' new line (for our interview here) and have since seen it in multiple shops and by various designers.

This fun, geographic, bold trend is one that any girl can pull off, but stick to one Egyptian-inspired piece at a time. Try a necklace reminiscent of a hieroglyphic or long structured earrings.  You'll be feeling more confident, and dare I suggest a little more exotic, in no time. Tell me, which piece is your favorite? The cat pieces from Top Shop make me smile, but I am keeping my eye on the hieroglyphic inspired necklaces or the Max & Chloe bracelet.

1. Etched Hieroglyphic Bracelet, Forever 21 / 2. Cleo necklace, Robin Rhodes / 3. Horus necklace, Robin Rhodes / 4. Isis necklace, Robin Rhodes / 5. Scarab Pendant, nOir / 6. Turquoise Scarab Ring, Kenneth Jay Lane / 7. Cleopatra Cuff, Forever 21 / 8. Trina Turk Egyptian Disk Bracelet, Max & Chole / 9. Egyptian Necklace, Wolf and Moon / 10. 25th Floor Egyptian Nugget Earrings, Urban Outfitters / 11. Unique Long Egyptian Cat Necklace, Top Shop / 12. Egyptian Waves Hoop Earrings, Belle Noel / 13. Egyptian Cat Brooch, Top Shop

6 comments:

Kristen Leo said...

i want no4 in my jewelry box now! <3

Phuong said...

everything looks gorgeous

Travel in Style

Clara Turbay said...

i enjoy this blog.

Jacqueline (Chic Advisor) said...

I love these pieces you have picked.
No. 3 and 11 are my fave.

Nice blog btw.

I also have a giveaway on April 1. Please come check it out.

Thanks.

http://chicadvisor.blogspot.com

Georgi said...

woooowww! that necklace is AMAZING! :)

I'd love if you visited my blog? www.7wondersblog.net

xx

Giovanna said...

Great picks! Love the Isis Necklace! Obsessed!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

 
Pin It button on image hover